Batman Arkham Asylum was definitely one of my favorite games, it wasn’t a completely washed up game based on a movie or a lame cartoon series it was truly something unique. Something which lacked in previous Batman games. Batman Arkham Asylum pit you against some of the most famous villains of the games such as Killer Croc, Scarecrow, the Joker, Poison Ivy and Bane but when a sequel to the game was announced fans every where began speculating that THIS new game would definitely host new villains such as Two-face, The Penguin and even Mr.Freeze but recently Catwoman was announced as a confirmed character in the game which makes things even more interesting.
The new game has been called Arkham City, I did not understand the meaning of the name until now, as it turns out Arkham has been permanently shut down and the slums of Gotham city have been converted into a sealed off area called “Arkham City” where criminals can roam freely and enjoy them selves but with only one rule which is “Do not escape” (yeah REALLY threatening rule) and the penalty for breaking the rule is instant death. So far the below details are all we have on the upcoming game and I anxiously await further details on the game
* Quincy Sharp is now running for mayor.
* Sharp used the Arkham Asylum incident to help win the election
* Sharp took credit for getting the Joker situation under control
* Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
* Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
* Sharp contracted a mercenary group named Tyger, getting them to defend the walls of Arkham City
* Prisoners given one rule: “Don’t try to escape”
* The penalty for breaking that rule is death
* A year has passed since Arkham Asylum
* Hugo Strange is in charge of Arkham City.
* Two-Face is admitted into Arkham City
* Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
* The overdose of venom may not be what’s wrong with the Joker.
* A lot of the super villains have formed gangs, have control of different areas in the city
Game play info:Advertisement
* Rocksteady is going to try for a highly detailed city
* You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
* You can place explosive gel on the back of an enemy during a fight
* Press a button and Batman will taunt enemies
* Rockstaedy is hoping to use more of the “forensics” angle from the first title, incorporate puzzles in them that will get more complex as you progress
* All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
* Batman has his smoke bomb.
* Broadcast analyzer: Mainly used so that Batman can listen to a message from the Joker
* There are several broadcasts Bats can listen to, including the GCPD dispatch and Gotham FM
* Because of Oracle being MIA, Alfred is the one in Bruce’s ear
* Interrogations instead of Riddler maps now
* Optional sidestories for some characters, including Zsasz
* Gangs roam Arkham City; these are recorded in Batman’s criminal database.
* New costume for Harley
* Rocksteady not talking about multiplayer/co-op plans yet
Source : AggroGamer