ATI Catalyst 10.7 WHQL Software Suite Released.
AMD released the ATI Catalyst 10.7 WHQL Software Suite today which provides drivers for ATI Radeon graphics processors, AMD 7-series chipsets, and ATI multimedia products. The new drivers fixes an issue with VLC Media Player, which enabled DXVA2 hardware h.264 video acceleration (with VLC 1.1.1 or later installed) and this gives a smoother video playback while reducing the system usage. Some updates to the Hydravision are also included in the Suite such as taking into account bezel compensation when maximizing windows across displays. Another feature is that the ATI Crossfire X users can now supports rotated displays making their Eyefinity Setup better. Along with these some enhancements in gaming performance is also noticed with the new drivers.
You can download the Drivers by clicking the version of OS you have installed.
Here’s the complete list of changes:
- Performance increases 3-5% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon HD 5970 single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon HD 5600 and ATI Radeon HD 5500 series single card configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 2-10% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 series single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
ATI Eyefinity – HydraVision enhancements
- Maximizing a window across displays will now take user defined bezel compensation into account
- Automatically adjusts window position when dragging and dropping windows to ensure title bar visibility
- Proper dialog box placement – dialogs do not cross displays, are not hidden behind bezels, and can be designated to be shown on the users “preferred” display
Enhanced Pull-down detection
- The Pull-down detection algorithm has been enhanced for higher visual quality on certain types of video content
- Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series
ATI CrossFireX technology – support for rotated displays
- This release of ATI Catalyst enables end users running supported ATI CrossFireX configurations to rotate their displays (single or ATI Eyefinity display configurations) and still enjoy the performance benefits of ATI CrossFireX technology
ATI Radeon GPU acceleration of VLC 1.1.1 Media Player
- Enables GPU acceleration of h.264 video content when using the VLC 1.1.1 Media Player – delivering a better user experience by consuming less system resources
- Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 and ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series of products
- Requires VLC version 1.1.1 and later