Apple releases iOS 6.0.1 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Apple has released iOS 6.0.1 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. As a first for iOS, iPhone 5 users first need to download and install a patch that allows OTA updates to work, prior to being able to download and install iOS 6.0.1.
This update has brought the following set of bug fixes and over all performance upgrade:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
If you have not received the OTA update as yet on your iOS device, connect your device with your computer, launch iTunes and you will see the update in iTunes.