Android 4.0.4 for Nokia N9 now available for download
Nokia maybe doing little to support its Meego running N9 but that wont stop the hard working community to develop awesome mods for this phone. You read about the Android Ice Cream Sandwich port on N9 before and now there’s an update available. It’s an Alpha 2 and it runs Android 4.0.4 which as of now isn’t even available on Google’s own phone, the Galaxy Nexus. The full list of what’s working and what’s not is as follows.
– based on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) v 4.0.4_r1.1 (IMM76D)
– multiple languages supported
– dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
– N950 supported (see http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=134.0)
– 3D drivers, OpenGL
– hwrotation (portrait mode only, accelerometer HAL doesn’t work)
– touchscreen (multitouch)
– hw buttons (volume, power)
– ECI accessory (headset buttons)
– USB networking
– lcd off in sleep mode, electron beam effect (demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g)
– alarm driver, RTC
– mounting MyDocs as “SDCard” [realized; NOT FIXED, but HACK EXISTS]
– basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube (choppy)
– wifi (only basic functionality: able to connect to AP. signal strength indication (RSSI) is broken. no tethering).
– basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900.
– bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I didn’t test deeper).
– charging (note: without any notification in UI)
– sensors: accelerometer
– audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece)
– lights HAL (lcd brightness)
– root access (via adb shell; su/Superuser.apk)
Hit the source link for a step by step procedure on how to install this on your N9.