Android 2.1 coming to Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10/X10 mini/X10 mini pro on Oct 31
Hot news off of the official Sony Ericsson blog has confirmed that Sony Ericsson is finally releasing its long overdue Android 2.1 update for the XPERIA X10, XPERIA X10 mini and X10 mini pro. As of Sunday evening(European time), the first updates notifications will begin to roll out in the Nordic countries, with availability spreading throughout the month of November.
While the handsets themselves will alert users to the availability of the new software, it will need to be installed via the PC Companion software. Full change-list for all three XPERIA phones below:
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.