AMD is planning to update its current APU lineup with two new Quad Core models which will be followed up by two new Quad/Dual Core lineups in Q4 2011. According to Mydrivers.com, The current lineup will get two more accelerated processing units (A8-3800 and A6-3600).
The A8-3800 features 4Cores clocked at a stock 2.4Ghz (Turbo Core – 2.7Ghz), 4Mb L2 Cache, 65W TDP Design. The IGP consists of HD6550D with 400SP’s running at 600mhz. A6-3600 is another Quad Core model featuring 2.1Ghz Stock (2.4Ghz Turbo Core), 4Mb L2 Cache, 65W TDP Design while the IGP is made up of HD6530 Core with 320 Stream Processors clocked at 433mhz. A Three Core Model “A6-3500” previously known to be OEM only would also launch for consumer market with 2.1Ghz (2.4Ghz T.C), 3Mb L2 Cache and same IGP as A6-3600. These processors will be included in the current Q3 lineup.
Later, In Q4 2011 we would see the arrival of 4 new APU’s along with the flagship A8-3870 Black Edition Processor which we already reported here. Looks like the clock speed of 3.1Ghz is true as seen in the chart, Other specs of the CPU are 4Mb L2 Cache, 100W TDP design. Turbo Core would be disabled but the chip will come with an unlocked multiplier which would make overclocking possible. The Other 3 Quad Core CPU’s are listed below:
- A8 3820 – 4Core, 2.6Ghz (2.9 T.C), 65W TDP, HD6550D IGP
- A6-3670 – 4Core, 2.8Ghz (N/A T.C), 100W TDP, HD6530D IGP
- A8 3620 – 4Core, 2.3Ghz (2.6 T.C), 65W TDP, HD6530D IGP
AMD would also launch a Dual Core lineup of APU’s (Accelerated Processing Units) in Q4 2011 which would include 4 processors. These Dual Core chips wouldn’t support Dynamic Turbo Core technology, Following is the list of upcoming Dual Core APU’s:
- A4-3420 – 2 Core, 2.9Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 65W TDP, HD6410D IGP
- A4-3400 – 2 Core, 2.7Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 65W TDP, HD6410D IGP
- A4-3300 – 2 Core, 2.5Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 65W TDP, HD6410D IGP
- E4-3200 – 2 Core, 2.4Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache, 65W TDP, HD6370D IGP