AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Driver for Windows Download Now Available
Just recently AMD released mantle. Now, the download is finally out. AMD has just added the download option for its 14.1 Catalyst Beta Drivers. The 14.1 Beta Drivers Include the much awaited Mantle Update for AMD Graphic Cards. It is also needed to utilize the Battlefield 4 Mantle Update.
AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta and Mobility Catalyst™ Beta Driver for Windows Download
This is it folks AMD has silently updated their drivers page and the 14.1 Catalyst Beta Drivers are available for download.
The currently supported windows are Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. However you need to uninstall your old Catalyst Drivers before you can install the 14.1 Update. Here are the guides provided by AMD on how to do the same:
- How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
- How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System
The highlights in the change log and the known issues are given below but the rest of the details can be found over at the AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Driver for Windows® Page.
Support for the following new AMD Desktop APU (Accelerated Processors) products:
- AMD A10-7850K
- AMD A10-7700K
Mantle Beta driver
- AMD’s Mantle is a groundbreaking graphics API that promises to transform the world of game development to help bring better, faster games to the PC
- Performance gain of up to 45%(versus the DirectX version) for Battlefield 4 on the R9 290 Series
- Performance gain of up to 200% (versus the DirectX version) for Star Swarm on the R9 290 Series
- AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta must be used in conjunction with versions of these applications that support Mantle
- It is expected that these applications will have future updates to support additional AMD Mantle features
- AMD Mantle Beta driver is currently supported on:
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series GPUs
- AMD A10-7000 Series and AMD A8-7000 Series APUs
- For additional details please see the AMD Mantle Technology FAQ on amd.com
- Enhanced AMD CrossFire frame pacing – Support for 4K panel and Eyefinity non-XDMA CrossFire solutions (including the AMD Radeon R9 280, 270 Series, 7900 Series, 7800 Series) and Dual Graphics configurations
- Frame pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in an AMD CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace
- Supported on 4K panels and Eyefinity configurations
- Supported on AMD Dual Graphics configurations
- Supported on DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4™ and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them.
- Multi-GPU support under DirectX® and Mantle will be added to StarSwarm in a future application patch
- Intermittent stuttering or stability issues may occur when utilizing Mantle with AMD CrossFire™ technology in BattleField 4™ – AMD recommends using the DirectX code path when playing Battlefield 4 with multiple GPUs. A future AMD Catalyst release will resolve these issues
- Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
- AMD Eyefinity configurations utilizing portrait display orientations are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
- AMD Eyefinity technology is not currently supported in the Star Swarm application
- AMD testing for the AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Mantle driver has been concentrated on the following products: AMD Radeon™ R9 290X, R9 290, R9 280, R9 270, R7 260X, R7 260, HD 7000 Series, HD 8000 Series, A10-7850K and A10-7700K. Future AMD Catalyst™ releases will include full test coverage for all AMD products supported by Mantle.
- Graphics hardware in the AMD A10-7850K and A10-7700K may override the presence of a discrete GPU under the Mantle code path in Battlefield 4™
- Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics and non-XDMA configurations above 2560×1600 do not currently work with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. An upcoming release will enable support
- DX9 Dual graphics is not supported in AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta. An upcoming release will enable support
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) February 2, 2014