How to Adjust iPhone 7 Home Button Click Strength
You can adjust the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus’ Home button click strength. We will show you how in a step by step tutorial.
Adjust the iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus Home Button Click Strength That Best Suits Your Need
Apple made the bold move and ditched the mechanical Home button on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus for a solid state one. But the implementation is actually quite slick; whenever you press the Home button, the Taptic Engine gives out a satisfying click, creating an illusion that something has actually been ‘pressed.’ And interestingly, you can set the intensity of that click strength via iOS 10 in a few easy steps too. We will show you how in a complete tutorial below.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on ‘General.’
3. See that ‘Home Button’ entry? Tap on it to open.
4. You’ll see three bubbles labeled 1, 2 and 3 on screen. Simply select either one then press the Home button to feel the click strength on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. The first bubble is the lightest with number 3 being the hardest in strength.
If you’re seeking for a personal opinion, my iPhone 7 is set to number 2, which is absolutely perfect. It’s not light and not too hard. Feels just right.
Once you have made your choice simply tap on the ‘Done’ button and continue using your iPhone 7 like you usually would.
In my opinion, ditching the mechanical Home button for a solid state one was equally brave as ditching the headphone jack. For first-time iPhone users the change might not feel that big, but those who have been sailing onboard the iPhone ship for a long time, it’s an interesting sail into unchartered territory.
But obviously, it’s something which you get used to all of a sudden, like I have. I’m certain many of you out there will adjust to the big change at light speed, but will the change stick around long enough, or will Apple ditch whatever there is left of the Home button? Only time will answer that question.
Important Links to Check Out
- How to Disable ‘Raise to Wake’ in iOS 10 – List of Compatible Devices
- Send Images in Low Quality Using Messages App in iOS 10 – How to
- How to Delete / Restore Stock Apps in iOS 10
- How to Use iPhone As Magnifying Glass in iOS 10
- How to Disable Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- Set iPhone to Open Using Touch ID Without Pressing Home Button – iOS 10 Tips